Being detected with cancer can be mentally and physically taxing, especially when you are well aware of all the threats that it poses to your life. No doubt, being diagnosed with cancer can hit you hard, but the first thing that you need to do is gather all your will and seek immediate medical attention. Cancer is a progressive disease marked by the uncontrollable spread of malignant cells in the body, that gradually replace all the healthy tissue. The sooner you curb the spread of these cells, the easier it becomes to treat cancer. Cancer specialists in Delhi suggest that early diagnosis and treatment are the keys to the effective management of cancer, but, with so many treatments available, it becomes rather difficult to make the call.
Over the years, there have been tremendous developments in the field of oncology with the advent of new and better treatment options, every now and then. Cancer robotic surgery in India is a result of one such development, that has paved the way for unlimited possibilities and provided a ray of hope for thousands of patients fighting their battle with cancer. The technique has gained a lot of momentum in the past few years owing to its perks, that include smaller incisions and faster recovery.
Various benefits of robotic cancer surgery include:
- Alleviated post-surgical pain and discomfort
- Minimal loss of blood
- Small scars
- Added precision and accuracy
- Shorter convalescence period
- Reduced hospitalization
- Least risks of infections
Cancer robotic surgery is a more feasible, safer and faster alternative to the conventional surgery in treating various malignancies like
- Colorectal cancer – Also referred to as bowel cancer, the malignancy involves the colon and the rectum. Though colorectal cancer can affect people of any age group, it is more common in elderlies. The cancer usually begins in the form of a benign poly that becomes cancerous over time. The size of these polyps may vary and there can be more than one. Robotic surgery can help to remove the portion of the colon or rectum that has been affected by the cancer. Former is known as colectomy, whereas the latter is known as proctectomy.
- Uterine cancer – As the name suggests, the cancer develops in the uterus. It is commonly referred to as endometrial cancer. The cancer usually develops in the cells lining the uterus and is marked by severe vaginal bleeding, which makes it easily detectable. The risks of uterine cancer are higher in women who start mensurating early or experience late menopause. Robotic surgery may be used to remove the uterus and the cervix for getting rid of the malignancy, as well as to extract some surrounding lymph nodes and tissue samples for further evaluation. The procedure is highly recommended by the best doctors in Delhi.
- Cervical cancer – It is a malignancy that originates from the cells of the cervix, the lower, narrow portion of the uterus, that opens into the vagina. Studies have shown that HPV, or human papillomavirus, is one of the leading causes of cervical cancer. Squamous cell carcinoma is the most common type of cervical cancer. Robotic surgery can prove to be quite helpful for patients suffering from later stages of cervical cancer
- Prostate cancer – It is one of the most common types of malignancies, that affects males and originates from the cells of the prostate, a small walnut-sized gland that is responsible for the production of semen in males. Prostate cancer is mostly localized and can be effectively treated by the surgical removal of the gland. Cancer robotic surgery offers a precision-based alternative to remove the gland as well as the surrounding tissues and lymph nodes that have been affected.
Apart from these, robotic cancer surgery can also be used in the treatment of the following malignancies:
- Oesophageal cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Renal cancer
- Bladder cancer
You can find some of the best robotic surgery hospitals in Delhi, where you can get your treatment done by nationally and internationally recognized experts.